Baobab fruit is harvested by communities that have the baobab tree growing naturally on their land. There are no orchards or plantations. This wild harvest approach ensures minimal negative impact on the environment because this practice maintains the natural biodiversity of the land.
These wild harvest methods also ensure pesticide and insecticide free fruit.
• community harvest methods
• no orchards or plantations
• sustainable sourcing of fruit
• only fallen fruit collected
• preservation of biodiversity
• community allocation fruit harvest
• quota on fruit harvested per season
• PhytoTrade Africa regulated